Sunday 21 February 2016

Kanye West Explains His $53M Debt During Run-in with Paparazzi

During his latest run-in with TMZ on his way inside an airport, Kanye West jumped at the opportunity to elaborate on his recent claims of an enormous $53 million personal debt – one that’s easily had everyone and their brother talking ever since he disclosed that information on Twitter over the weekend.
“I’ve spent $53 million over the past 13 years chasing my dreams, and I wanted to just make sure that all entrepreneurs in America knew that it’s possible to go under and still make it out,” he explained of his decision to make the news public, adding that he believes his shoe designs in particular will help him overcome these financial odds.
“There’s times where it was definitely hard, there’s times where it was a struggle, there’s times it was frustrating because it felt like if you make the Yeezys, maybe somebody will come and support you.    It felt like if you’re a dope artist, maybe someone would support you. And that didn’t happen. The only person – or the only company – that ever supported me was adidas,” Kanye revealed, insisting that he would have never been able to premiere his new album and Yeezy Season 3 fashion line at  Madison Square Garden – a nearly insurmountable task – if not for the company’s backing.
       Even the album, The Life of Pablo, it seems like people are really feeling the vibe of it and everything,” he continued. “It’s because I was able to make the Yeezys. As a creative person, you gotta have a bunch of creative outlets, and I just appreciate adidas for helping me. I feel like there’s gonna be a point…right now I want y’all to point fingers, laugh, whatever y’all wanna do in this story, at this moment in time, but y’all can look at me and feel my energy and know what it’s gonna be a year from now, two years from now, five years from now, where we gon’ go.”
Despite his recent meltdowns, if this was any indication as to where his head is truly at, then thankfully it sounds like Kanye is confident that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, and that brighter days are undoubtedly ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment